In the Languedoc-Roussillon region, we know how to make you feel welcome and celebrate.
Attend the multitude of festivals in the region to soak up the flavors of the south. Every August, don’t miss the Béziers féria and the bullfights in the rings. Witness folklore come to life at the water jousting tournaments in Vias, Agde and Sète.
Make sure you try the best vintages from our vineyards, where the grapes have been soaking up the sunshine. Explore the cellars of St Chinian, Minervois, Corbières, Faugères, Pic St Loup and Picpoul de Pinet…
Try our local specialties at the markets and festivals like tielles and zézettes from Sète, oysters from Bouzigues, petits pâtés from Pézenas, brasucades, gardianne de taureau, olives and olive oil.
Raise a glass to your holiday with Frontignan Muscat or Marseillan Noilly Prat, and don’t forget the olives!
The Languedoc countryside
Although there is always something to do at Air Marin, we suggest that you get out and explore:
- the Medieval and Cathar towns of: Carcassonne, Minerve
- beautiful cirques: in Navacelles (1h from the campsite) and Mourèze (45 min from the campsite) for gorgeous hiking at any level
- lakes: Lake Salagou (45 min from Air Marin), Lake Raviège built on the Hérault and the Tarn, and Lake Avène (1h30 from the campsite): have a picnic, go hiking or mountain biking, or enjoy water sports surrounded by nature
- gorges: Héric Gorges in Mons-la-Trivalle (about 1h15 from the campsite) , Hérault Gorges in Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert (about 1h from the campsite). Great for swimming and sports like canoeing and rock climbing, our guests love the gorges for cooling off during the summer.
- Caves: Clamouse cave (Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert), Demoiselles cave (between the Cirque de Navacelles and Pic St Loup)
- beautiful villages with stone houses: Roquebrun and the neighboring town of Vieussan, Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert, labelled one of the most beautiful villages of France… 15 min north of the Air Marin campsite, don’t forget to visit Pézenas, a town steeped in history with craft shops where you can find beautiful souvenirs. The craft market takes place on Wednesday and Friday nights in July-August, with a bonus on Fridays: the “Estivales” with wine tastings and activities for the whole family. Dive into the region during your holiday!